Wave Hospitality, led by the efforts and goals of the von Gierke Family, believes that we can bring different charities and non-profit organizations together to work with combined and more leveraged approach – resulting in raising higher amounts, increased exposure, keeping expenses down and working more efficient. These charities are primarily based on the needs of children and for education, animals and some medical research – but most importantly, where Wave Hospitality has the ability to see and confirm where each dollar raised, is going to be used.
In addition to the below, Wave Hospitality and the von Gierke family are currently reviewing the necessary steps to set up our own 501(c)3 non-profit organization – details to be shared soon!
- Children’s Garden Home, School and Rescue Center in Nairobi https://www.childrensgardenhome.org/
- The von Gierke family visited and fell in love with the tremendous support and dedication by the founder and his family. The von Gierke family has worked with the kids during summer of 2019 and February of 2020, with future trips scheduled in the coming months. The family has been able to secure more consistent food supplies for the kids – this includes beans, maize, etc – the most simple, necessary food items. The von Gierke family has also funded a Greenhouse on site, and is working on a 10-station computer/educational IT room for all kids to have access to the internet, as well as purchasing an additional piece of land for farming, one and a half hours north of Nairobi.
- With My Own Two Hands https://withmyown2hands.org/
- The von Gierke family is supporting Africa projects with Clean Water and Greenhouses through this organization. The von Gierke family has personally met with the Nairobi based Program Director and has visited the Umoja All Women Village in Samburu.
- Students Run LA (SRLA) https://www.srla.org/
- Wave Hospitality has been supporting this organization for the last two years to help underprivileged kids to get into a six-months program to run the LA Marathon. The sponsorship and work supports 3,500 kids in low income schools in LA/OC to participate in six runs, from 5K to 18 miles, prior to the marathon. This includes transportation with buses to the raises, equipment, etc. Success rate of kids finishing the marathon is around 98%.
- Orphaned Starfish Foundation https://www.osf.org/
- The OSF was founded by Andy Stein, who Jens von Gierke has known for 20 years, in the hospitality industry. Mr. Stein started with his foundation to support orphanages with computer lab rooms, to have access to the internet and use for educational purpose. Starting from one orphanage, it has since grown to 54 orphanages across 27 countries. Wave Hospitality supports this organization by procuring donation items for the annual gala, accommodation in our New York and New Jersey-based hotels for the kids and other on-site support in selective orphanages who fly into town to attend the events.
- Lion’s Heart https://lionsheartservice.org/
- Natalia and Sophia von Gierke are involved in Lion’s Heart, a teen-based, non-profit philanthropic program designed to “inspire teens to have a positive impact in their communities through leadership and participation in volunteering to provide needed resources for causes that ignite their passions.”
- Allie’s Helping Hands https://www.allieshelpinghands.org/
- The von Gierke family is involved with Allie’s Helping Hands, an organization who’s mission is to extend a helping hand and a listening heart to siblings of children with critical health conditions.
- Special Olympics https://www.specialolympics.org/
- The von Gierke family has given support for many years on a general donor level.
- Galapagos Conservancy https://www.galapagos.org/
- Wave Hospitality has given support, after traveling to the Galapagos in 2008, and continues to follow with selective donations.
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society https://www.nationalmssociety.org/
- The von Gierke family supports this organization by funding certain programs and raising money through events and walks. Nicole von Gierke has personally participated in several MS Walks across 50 miles to raise awareness and funds for this organization.
- National Pancreatic Cancer Foundation https://www.npcf.us/
- The von Gierke family supports the research and funding through annual walk and involvement. This organization is personal for the family, as Nicole’s father passed away from pancreatic cancer.
In addition to volunteering time and efforts, Wave Hospitality also actively donates monetarily and provides gift certificates for hotel stays and food & beverage credits to a number of organizations including but not limited to the Ocean Institute, Miracles for Kids, Orphaned Starfish Foundation, World Vision, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Pancreatic Cancer Action Network and the Galapagos Conservancy.